Pages

Saturday, March 2, 2013

Organization Tip: Embossing Folders



As a self proclaimed hoarder of all things craft related (tools, paper, ribbon, Cricut cartridges and so on) my craft room can get a little chaotic! So I am dedicating a few posts to organization. Here are a few strategies I have implemented and hope you find useful. You are welcome to adapt them to fit your style. If you do, please leave a comment on how it was adapted!

This strategy is for my embossing folders. I created a fan of embossing samples because I thought it would be easier to flip through than to look at all of the individual folders.

I decided to use kraft paper thinking that embossing it will be more visable than on white cardstock. Plus, since I have this hanging up in my craft room and I am always handling it, the kraft paper is less likely to look dingy after awhile. I cut a 8 1/2"x 11" page in quarters and then embossed each quarter with a different embossing folder. I hole punched them in the upper left corner and connected them with a binder ring. Then I organized them on the binder ring by dots, lines, swirls and such. You can take it a step further by adding a numbered tag to each one and then adding the same numbered tag to the embossing folder. I am planning to take that next step as my stash is continually growing.

I hope this tip was helpful! Please comment and let me know. I would love to hear about how you organize your embossing folders.

Visit me at my other sites:
http://emily.ctmh.com
www.facebook.com/EmilyCTMH